Nails denote the state of health of the person, so weak nails can be an indicator that something is not quite right
Weak or brittle nails? Many times we do not give due importance to this part of the body. Why? Simply because we consider them a minor matter .
The nails grow in the epidermis of the extremities and face the asperities of the outside world. They scratch surfaces and many times, in this process they break, bend or hit.
But why are they broken? Often the cause may be the absence of glycine(which is an amino acid that is responsible for renewing the production of collagen).
The lack of glycine causes fragility and an abnormal growth in the nail. Therefore, the production of collagen is essential for its settlement.
Meanwhile, there are situations in which the cause of weak nails is an injury or infection by a fungus ; as onychomycosis or ungueal psoriasis. Next we will review some of the symptoms of weak nails.
- Scale of the nails.
- Splintering to light contact.
- Constant detachment of nail layers.
- Accumulation of soft keratin under the nail.
Among all the factors that can influence are the following:
- Modern nails constantly causes severe damage to the root and causes deformities .
- Be careful when using metal files when your nails are weak. Cardboard is recommended and do not forget to file on one side only.
- The imbalance of nutrients causes internal and external problems in the body.
- The nails contain keratin , a protein that needs vitamins, minerals and amino acids to keep them in good condition.
- Using detergents and other cleaning products can be very abrasive to the nails.
- In the case of feet, wearing inappropriate shoes that do not allow perspiration contributes to the appearance of fungi.
Tricks for weak nails
1. Brewer’s yeast
Thanks to the fact that beer yeast contains vitamin B and biotin, in addition to minerals such as zinc, it functions as a tissue regenerator and strengthens the body.
It is advisable to consume it in the mornings so that the effect is greater and the body has time to digest all its properties. You can find it in different presentations:
2. Olive oil and lemon
The olive oil detoxifies, cleans, cleans and moisturizes the area at depth. But when mixed with lemon softens and helps remove stains.
- 1 tablespoon of oil (10 g)
- The juice of 1 lemon
- To start, in a bowl add the oil and mix the juice of a lemon
- Then moisten a cotton and, with the mixture, wet the nails
- Repeat the procedure 2 times a week
- It is recommended to do it at night
3. Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar contains vitamins, potassium, magnesium, calcium and iron. In addition to malic acid and acetic acid that help fight infection in the nails.
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar (30 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of water (30 ml)
- First mix equal amounts of cider vinegar and water in a container.
- Then, with the help of a cotton ball, soak the nails for a few minutes.
- Then push the cuticle to remove the debris.
- Finally repeat the procedure once a day.
Horsetail contains high amounts of silicon , an essential mineral to have strong and healthy nails. Also, in case of white spots helps them to disappear.
- 2 tablespoons of horsetail herb (20 g)
- 1 cup of water (150 ml)
- First heat the water and add the 2 tablespoons of horsetail herb.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes to concentrate.
- Then put the mixture to cool and put the nails so that they soak for 20 minutes .
- To conclude, repeat the procedure 3 or 4 times a week .
5. Tea tree oil
If your problem is due to an infection or fungus , tea tree oil is your best option. Since it is a natural antiseptic and prevents weak nails from acquiring a yellowish hue.
- 1 tablespoon of vitamin E oil (10 g)
- 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil (10 g)
- First mix the tablespoon of vitamin E oil and the tea tree oil.
- Rub it on each of the nails giving circular massages.
- Let it act for 20 minutes .
- Rinse with warm, dry water.
- Repeat twice a week .
Do not forget that in order to look good and avoid having weak nails on the outside it is necessary to have a healthy diet , practice sports and get away from stressful situations.
The post 5 Tricks To Strengthen Weak Nails appeared first on Idbis.com.